The main focus of my practice is individual, couples, and co-parenting counseling. I provide sessions in my office and via e-counseling for those clients abroad or who have relocated. I have worked in counseling and assessment for over 15 years in Texas and Louisiana.
Over the years I have developed my own style of therapy that is a blend of Cognitive Behavioral Techniques, Contemplative Psychology Techniques, Attachment Theory, and Neuroscience. I find most clients are usually well on their way to solving issues in 10 sessions or less.
My treatment specializations include:
- Individual Counseling
- Couples, Relationship, and Marital Counseling
- Divorce, Co-parenting, and Blended Families
- Sexual Problems in Relationships
- Anxiety (Panic Attacks, Phobias, Performance Anxiety, Social Anxiety)
- Family of Origin Abuse and Neglect
- Trauma and PTSD
- Work and Career Issues
- Stress Management and Wellness
- I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues providing services that span from therapy for depression, to trauma work and EMDR, to therapy for panic attacks, to divorce. In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, I offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my clients individual needs, to help attain the personal growth they’re striving for.
A secondary focus of my practice is forensic psychological evaluation, expert witness testimony, and mental health consultation for immigrants, refugees, and victims of torture seeking U.S. residency and asylum. I also provide, forensic services for family law settings including co-parenting counseling, mediation, parental coordination, and parental facilitation. I offer clinical supervision for counseling interns seeking LPC licensure in Texas and work as an adjunct instructor in the Counseling graduate program at Texas State University.
Feel free to contact me and set up an appointment.